Student Code of Conduct
January 18, 2020
This Code of Conduct applies to all children attending Blair Center’s premises or who attend events organized by Blair Center, including siblings and friends.
Children will be supported and guided by Blair Center staff/volunteers to conduct themselves in the following manner:
- To use language to express themselves and communicate their wants and needs as appropriate to their level of development
- To care for their environment and equipment as well as the belongings of others
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself and never intentionally harm another student. That means no horseplay or running inside the building.
- Use school-appropriate language and behavior at all times while maintaining friendly and courteous behavior.
- Be polite and respectful to everyone, including fellow students, teachers, administrators, support staff, and visitors.
- Follow individual teacher instructions, class rules, and expectations at all times.
- Do not be a bully. If you see someone being bullied immediately report it to school personnel.
- Do not become a distraction for others by unnecessary noise or behavior. Give every other student the opportunity to maximize their potential.
- Encourage your fellow students. Never tear them down.
- To co-operate and follow the agreed classroom rules
It is acknowledged that each classroom teacher will develop, in consultation with their children, rules specific to their classroom which are to be in keeping with the above Code of Conduct for Children and Blair Center’s ethos.
Failure to comply with the code of conduct will result in the immediate dismissal of the student from the school and school activities without refund.